Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Yummy Fried Rice

I attempted a couple of weeks back to make fried rice for lunch and failed miserably. It just didn't have what I was looking for. I have perfected my recipe since and thought you may enjoy another simple meal idea.

Heat 2 tablespoons sesame seed oil in a skillet/wok on medium-hi heat.
Add a diced onion, cook until brown.
Add a clove or two of garlic per your taste.
Then add your meat. Diced ham, shrimp, chicken or a combination of these. Cook.

Next over medium heat, add 2 diced carrots, 2 diced stalks of celery, 1/2 cup of peas. Cook until veggies are a tender crisp.

Next stir in 2 beaten eggs until scrambled.

Finally add a couple of cups of leftover rice from the previous day and 1/4 to 1/2 cup of soy sauce depending on your taste. You may like some salt and pepper too.

Simple, quick, easy.

2 comments:

Kim for the Kings said...

Sounds good! I'll definitely try it!

Rebekah said...

Thanks for posting the recipes! It's always frustrating trying to come up with ideas and when you have someone else's tried and true to add to the short list of what's for dinner, it helps!

I think it's awesome you get to have that one day to get it all done! One day when we are blessed with a home of our own, I know that I will be asking my mom to watch Chloe for a day a week so I can get things done! It's nice to have it all ready and not worry about it while you're spending time with the little one!

Right now I'm trying to juggle it, and it's working, but it would be nice to have ALL the laundry done, the sink cleand and empty, and our "basement-home" picked up all at the same time! One day!