I think that the holiday season definitly needs to be extended longer than 25 days. I'm all for starting the seasonal celebrating before Thanksgiving because it seems there is just not enough time in December to get it all done. There are not enough weekends to get in everything this year. Only two more weekends between now and Christmas - you've got to be kidding me! Ours are already booked solid and I've got many more things I'd love to do before the big day gets here.
Things on my to do list:
- Buy gifts!!!
- Wrap gifts!!!
- Bake cookies for the 2 cookie exchanges I'm participating in
- Make candy for the tins we're giving to friends this year
- Write a Christmas letter
- Address & send Christmas cards, both for my family and the card ministry at church
- Host the appetizer course of a holiday progressive dinner, and make appetizers
- Celebrate my husbands graduation from his Master's program
- Clean, clean, clean for the scheduled events at our home and unexpected holiday visitors