Wednesday, November 02, 2005

No time for posting these days

As you could probably guess life has been crazy, hectic, busy around here these last couple of months. Things are going well though. Jason is in the last 6 weeks of graduate school and beginning to decide what lies ahead for the new year. I'm now working day shift [YEAH!!!] and loving being on a normal schedule that follows the rise and fall of the sun. It makes for a less stressful life in general.

We've been busily involved with our young marrieds group at church. The beginning of October we went to Silver Dollar City for the cofC weekend with some couples and had a blast riding roller coasters and lounging around playing cards in the evenings. This month has been full of other events, get togethers, Halloween parties and the sorts and the holidays look to be packed with many more activities too.

Last weekend I (Michelle) traveled to OKC with one of my bestest friends, Jayme and her mom. We attended the Affair of the Heart craft show and had a blast. It is an annual trip for her and her mom and I've been invited to tag along the past two years. We spent the day shopping, laughing, and pinching pennies to the best of our abilities. That evening we were able to meet up with Maria and her "man" Matt for some good barbeque and a quick hello. It was a great day and next October can not come quick enough to do it all over again. I definitly need to start planning my budget and saving now!

The holidays will soon be here and I've decided to forego decorating for the most part. Living in an apartment tends to take the holiday spirit out of you, but I'll still be putting up a tree and inviting the smells of the season into our place with candles and good food. My holiday schedule is a bit better than last year with the few days before and including Thanksgiving off. I do have to work the days after, but that'll keep my from spending unneccessarily, right? As for Christmas, I do have to work the 25th, but the days before and afterwards are free for any and all holiday doings. And not to leave out New Years, the 31st and 1st are both free for fun and games. I can't complain too badly, but working Christmas Day does pretty much stink.

That's about all the news for now. Just keeping busy and loving it here. OP is finally feeling like home and hopefully we'll be sticking around here awhile longer. Come and visit!

No comments: