Monday, August 22, 2005

A pretty boring account of my day

Today has been a very good, very productive day. The main areas of my home are clean, very clean. I still have lots of work that I want to do, don't get me wrong, but my home appears tidy and neat - which makes me very happy. I did some spot painting this afternoon around the apartment. Our walls (especially the stairwell down to our front door) was a mess. I covered up all of the marks and it looks like we just moved in. What a pleasant appearance, I don't feel like I live in scum anymore.

I also went shopping and bought a brand new comforter set for our bedroom. Our last comforter unfortunately took a hit in the washing machine (where I told someone, who will remain anonymous, not to ever-ever-ever put it) but that person did not listen. It had seen better days and is now one big wrinkle blob of fabric that will take alot more effort to revive than I care to do anytime soon. So I went shopping, a much easier solution. I bought a gorgeous blue and sage colored comforter set that is made out of some soft, psuedo-satiny type material. The colors match our papasan chair perfectly and our bedroom now has an added touch of masculinity with the darker, richer colors. We'll see what the he-man thinks about it when he gets home...

What else have I been doing... I finished the 6th Harry Potter book. Wow! I don't quite know what to think. I do believe that good will prevail in the end and I do think that there are still many mysteries that need to be revealed. To everyone who is very down and out from this book, just wait, I choose to believe we will be relieved and our heavy hearts lightened after reading book number 7.

As for my evening, I've spent over 2 hours on the telephone tonight talking with friends and family. It's always so nice to hear familiar voices when you need them, and to be comforted in knowing I'm really not that far away from home.

1 comment:

Joyce said...

Oooooo, I love redecorating!!!