Thursday, August 04, 2005

My sister is serious... with a "man"

Jason and I got to meet him this past week as she brought him home to spend a week in Emporia meeting the family and getting the overall feel for her life before college. He seems to be a nice guy, sweet and sincere. Two very important characteristics every girl deserves. They get along very well and are definitly still going through the cuddly-lovey stage (which I've since learned does wear off sometime during marriage, but I don't quite remember how or when).

All in all I'm happy for her. It's hard to believe, to comprehend, that my sister is grown up enough to be in this serious of a relationship. Wasn't she just 13 not too long ago??? Where did all the time go? The fact is now she is 19 years old, a woman. No longer a child and pursuing her own goals and dreams. It is amazing to me.

I don't want to go into too much detail about this "man" because I have to stay skeptical (for now). It's the requirement of being a big sister, didn't you read the job description? Though my friends and Maria both know that I'm less skeptical than most.

Give her the ring already. Oops, did I just type that, haha :)

No comments: