Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Happy 24th Birthday Michelle

What a great birthday this year! Three days of fun and birthday celebration made this birthday an excellent one. We began Friday by heading to Topeka where Angie (my sister-in-law) treated me to my first ever pedicure. Never will another sandal season go by where my feet aren't pampered and beautiful --- it was great fun to have this girlie time together. Afterwards, Angie and Rich; Stephanie and Will; and Jason and I attended the Topeka Dinner Theatre. We watched the musical "Once Upon a Mattress" which was excellent and hilarious. The food was great, the entertainment was great, and getting to spend the evening with a bunch of friends made the whole experience 100% greater.

The next day, the actual birthday. Jason and I spent the day together getting things done around the house and just enjoying one another's company. That night we had an excellent dinner at the Cheesecake Factory - one of the most delicious restaurants you can imagine. Hot Spinach and Cheese Dip, Chicken Madeira, and Brownie Sundae Cheesecake - my mouth is watering now as I recall the meal. Definitly a place to try if you've never had it before... and a place to return many times if you have!

The next day we returned home in the evening to celebrate my birthday with family and friends. My parents had a small get together at their house, pizza and chocolate cake with rainbow chips icing (the all time best icing by far). We sat around and enjoyed company with my in-laws, Scott, my grandma, and Jayme. It was a great evening and to top it off Jason and I rewatched Star Wars II before bed.

That was just a recap of what made up an excellent birthday weekend. Three days of friends, family, food, and fun. The four main ingredients to any happy birthday.

No comments: