Monday, January 05, 2009

Menu Plan Monday


My New Year's resolution this year is simple enough - to save my family as much money as possible. One area of our budget that needs a huge overhaul is our grocery/food spending. We have fallen into the rut again that we don't plan for our meals, and often resort to last minute decisions like running to the store each night, or grabbing fast food. Neither are very budget-friendly options, nor the healthiest options many times.


So to start off the first full week of the New Year I am once again participating in Menu Plan Monday. My weeks will run from Tuesday thru Monday since my weekend work schedule effects my grocery shopping day and the time I have to prepare a meal. Also, Mondays and Tuesdays will not include breakfast or lunch items since Little Miss is at school and I am sleeping much of those days. I'm hoping to make Tuesdays my consistent grocery shopping day and will do the majority of my shopping at Aldi and Walmart. I'll try my best to keep my food budget under $60 per week.

Tuesday
Dinner - Baked Potato Soup and Broiled Tomato Sandwiches

Wednesday
Breakfast - Muffins and Bananas
Lunch - Goulash
Snack - Cheese and Crackers
Dinner - Sticky Chicken w/ Salad and Baked Sweet Potatoes

Thursday
Breakfast - Oatmeal Bake
Lunch - Corn Dog Muffins
Snack - Grapes
Dinner - Mushroom Pork Chops w/ Green Bean Casserole

Friday
Breakfast - Waffles and Apple slices
Lunch - Teriyaki Noodles and Veggies
Snack - Banana Bread
Dinner - Chicken Enchiladas w/ Spanish Rice

Saturday
Breakfast - Eggs, Toast, and Fruit
Lunch - Pigs 'n a Blanket
Snack - Yogurt
Dinner - Tilapia Parmesan w/ Mixed Vegetables and Rice

Sunday
Breakfast - Oatmeal Bake
Lunch - Mac & Cheese
Snack - Graham Crackers
Dinner - Chicken Marsala w/ Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Salad

Monday
Dinner - BBQ Pork Sandwiches w/ Baked Potato Fries

No comments: