Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Twas the day before Christmas...

Life is chaotic around here. Thankfully my Little Miss is off at school today, so I am able to handle the chaos alone, and without having to keep a watchful eye on my toddler. You see in our home, Santa Claus is coming tonight. It's Christmas Eve in our world and I'm sure not ready for Christmas yet! Presents still need to be bought, most everything still needs to be wrapped, and I've got a small amount of baking that I'd really like to do. Thankfully however, most everything is going to be low-key in the celebration department, and Little Miss is just too little to know the difference anyways.

A couple of days ago while I was sleeping after work, Daddy must of have gotten a little too excited for the big day and went ahead and put together one of the biggest toys we got our Little Miss... and gave it to her. I woke up to see her playroom had a new addition and her Step 2 Kangaroo Climber slide was the center of attention. What!?!?!? I about lost it, but then decided it wasn't worth it and oh well for that oops. I will say however that Daddy will probably never make that mistake again. Part of his "punishment" (though he doesn't technically know that's what I'm considering it) is that he is responsible for putting together her play kitchen. Hahaha. It's a complicated mess of plastic parts and pieces that will have him up into all hours of the night tonight. It's a good thing he decided to spend a couple of hours getting a jumpstart last night!

I can hear the snow/sleet mix starting to fall on my windows. It's time to get this day into gear and pull out the wrapping paper and bows. Falalalala lala la la.

1 comment:

Erica said...

Hey sorry I completely forgot about the comment you left of my blog about the sewing projects. It sounds like you've had a good Christmas. I'm curious how long it took your husband to assemble the kitchen. Those things are beasts. I'd love to give you my input on the sewing projects I've worked on. The burp clothes I used towels that I found at Wal-mart as the backing and then flannel for the front side. I think it is more absorbant that regular cotton fabric. I also used a piece of ribbon a long the sides. I didn't like how it turned out at first because when I turned the corners it was curved but now I really like it. It's something different. I just copied the nursing cover someone sent me only I used 1 1/2 yard instead of 1 yard. I always wished mine had more fabric. (I had a very active nurser.) So there you have it. Let me know if you have any questions.