Thursday, March 06, 2008

Cooking: Tex Mex Style


Today is my first night cooking dinner in quite a long time. Well, I take that back. I did cook lasagna a week or so ago because my husband mentioned to me 3 or 4 times how homemade lasagna just sounded so good. That was the first meal I had prepared in many, many months. But today is the first meal of many more to come. I am so excited to plan and prepare meals for our family to eat together. It is something that I have wanted to train myself to do in an effort to be a great wife and mother. Well, I guess the time has come to start cooking.

So today I have prepared Tex Mex. It is however cooking in the crockpot because I have plans this evening which will prevent us from eating together as a family. But that is okay. I will have a hot meal waiting for my husband when he walks in the door, and the delicious smell of supper will welcome him home. My traditional self believes this is how it should be for him each and every day, and I only hope I can meet my own expectations.

OUR RATING:
My Husband: 3/5 stars (no cheese, stated the brown rice was dry)
Me: 4/5 stars, the leftovers were even better

Will enjoy again sometime!

No comments: