Tuesday, February 13, 2007

House hunting

Today is our first official day of house hunting. We are meeting with an agent this afternoon and going over contract details and then we have a couple of houses lined up to see. I'm definitly excited and have been anticipating this day for a long time. One house we will see is one that we're both interested in and think we'll like. It looks really cute, both on the inside and out, and it's in the area where we are most interested in living. Another my husband decided we'd see, that I'm not that interested in by the internet photos, but I'll try to keep an open mind. We're not sure how much time we're willing to waste looking for homes since we've been "window browsing" or aka: visiting open houses, for over a year now. We know what is out there and we know what we do and don't like in a house. It's amazing that of the hundreds of houses on the market, I like very few. I'm looking for a house that has the appeal of a home, the cosmetic comfort and attraction. Many I may judge too quickly, but I want a house that calls to me and makes me smile on the inside. I think I've already found that house though. It's for sale by owner and we saw it a few weeks back during an open house. It felt like home, but I'm waiting to see if the house tonight gives me the same feeling or more. That will tell me alot.

No comments: