Friday, April 14, 2006

In like a lion

The A/C in my car does not work. I'm dreading today and this weekend as the highs are expected to be in the 90's. Last night we already caved and turned the air on at home and had a very peaceful, and not too hot night. I think about this and realize how spoiled I am. I grew up in a home where there was little to no lapse between shutting off the heater and turning on the air conditioner. That was mostly because of my mom's allergies and the fact that we could not open the windows.

Now as an adult it's not quite that way. I've learned that the feeling of a cool breeze coming into my home is wonderful, day or night, and well worth the trouble. I'll admit I have the same allergies as my mom and haven't been quite right since Spring arrived, but open windows are Heavenly. So having the windows shut and the A/C on should make me feel better in just a bit of time. But 90 degrees in April, that's just crazy. I thought April was supposed to be full of terrible thunderstorms and the such, not bring heat waves. Oh well, maybe I can lay out and try to tan this afternoon --- in April.

The time is 6:40 am and I'm off to Walmart to get some things done today before the sun blazes down and I'm cooking in my little Chevy skillet. Luckily the A/C did break at the near end of the summer last year, so I haven't been dealing with the uncomfortable fact for very long. It is time to investigate a solution and find an auto shop though. But for now, the less I can spend in my car during the heat of the day - the better. I'll be sitting at home doing some projects I've been needing to do for awhile and just relaxing in the cool A/C breeze.

Ah summer, it may already be here.

No comments: