Friday, September 23, 2005

It's the most wonderful time of the year

The leaves have begun their annual metamorphosis. The hues of the outdoors are beginning to transform, both the leaves on the trees and the ones already on the ground are beautiful. I love Autumn. It's my favorite season by far. The coolness of the air after a hot and humid summer is refreshing. We have our windows open today and the smell of the outdoors has filled our home. I enjoy the peacefulness of Fall... the world seems to be quiet and calm, unlike the atmosphere that springtime brings.

I enjoy this season and everything it means. I get to begin wearing sweaters again. I can cozy up under a blanket on a cool day, sip some cider or hot tea and read a book. I am able to drive around in my car with the windows down and not be too hot or too cold. The trees are beautiful with their gorgeous color template. Reds, oranges, and yellows are colors I do not neccessarily appreciate until I see them this time of year in their finest. I love the foods of Fall too. Drinking cappuccino on a cold morning... stews and soups, casseroles and chili... items you don't want to prepare in the heat of the summertime. And good food goes hand-in-hand with the holidays.

Autumn means Thanksgiving and Christmas are approaching. This reminds me of good times with family and friends and the warmth and happiness of home. There are many great things to this season. It's an amazing time of year.

No comments: