Monday, August 15, 2005

My vacation is over

I took a summer vacation this year. It will be my last. My husband is working on his M.B.A. and took his last summer vacation as well, only I got the better end of the deal. It was hard to be the sole supporter of our family at first, but after about a month of resentment, I got smart. I came to the conclusion that if I were to be the bread-winner, my husband would get to take on the role of house husband. It was definitly a fair trade.

My hubby took on well over 90% of the household duties while I worked outside of home. He took over laundry, washing dishes, cleaning in general, and cooking. A mighty good trade indeed. But the time has come for it to end. I've spent the day cleaning, organizing, and reminiscing about how good I've had it this summer.

1 comment:

jayme said...

Well...you can take your next vactation Oct 28th and 29th to Affair of the Heart. Your mom was asking me about it today!