Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Happy Birthday Maria

Mom and I took a couple days this weekend to visit Maria in Edmond. She had some time off between working at Target and being a camp counselor to get in some family time with the two of us. The weekend fell right before her birthday so we were able to celebrate the best we could - just the three of us. We had dinner at Texas Roadhouse and watched Shrek 2 on video that evening. Mom baked chocolate cupcakes for Maria and her friends, which I think she could have eaten both dozen without sharing, haha. The next day was spent shopping. What else are three women to do??? I was able to meet up with one of my good friends, Tara, who was a bridesmaid at our wedding. She joined us for lunch at Chick-fil-a and some down and dirty shopping. I found some great bargains and ended up with quite a few new pieces for my wardrobe - which I was in desperate need of! The weekend went way too fast, which it always does, right?

It's amazing to see my "little" sister all grown up. She's 19 years old now, definitly not the 13 year old I knew when I moved away from home. It's exciting to see her becoming the woman that she is. She's smart and has so much to give to the world. I wish her the best of luck in life and love these many years to come. Happy Birthday Maria!

No comments: