Wednesday, February 16, 2005

We're all moved in...

written by: Michelle

We've been gone from "home" nearly three weeks now and still our new apartment is not quite what I had imagined. My goal for this next step in our life is to learn the definition of organization and orderliness in regards to our living space. The phrase I hear running through my head is simple: "I know I can, I know I can, I know I can". It's easy to say when you are looking at a perfectly empty apartment the day you sign your lease, but when you start unloading boxes (in no particular order) and all of a sudden you can't even find a path to walk through --- well, it's kinda like a blow in the gut. I have however between work and sleep gotten a few things together around our new place to make it feel more like home. The last couple of days off of work has given me a chance to put some things up on the walls and finish arranging pieces of furniture. I plan to have pictures posted soon for everybody to see.

It's beginning to sink in for me what a large change we've made in life. I was so worried about our cats taking this move hard, that I didn't realize that I was making a bigger adjustment than they were. In fact, I don't even think they've noticed a difference between then and now. I however am a different story.

Work is going great! It's wonderful only working Labor and Delivery, it's fabulous only working three days a week, and it's awesome being on day shift (if only for a couple of months). I'm really enjoying being in a larger hospital and believe that I'll get all of the experience that I'm looking for here. As for Jason and school, he's been super busy as you could expect taking 15 graduate hours this semester. It's hard being apart more than half of the week (for those of you who don't know, Jason is finishing his MBA in Emporia) but we both know that it will all be worth it when he graduates in May. And believe me I'm counting down the days... only 94 left!

No comments: