Thursday, February 12, 2009

Nesting

I can tell that I have started nesting. At least a little bit.

With less than 7 weeks to go, I think that should give me a nice head start on getting a few things done that need to be. I have cleared out and organized my bedroom and closet, my bathroom is in the works. I was originally planning to redecorate my bedroom, but my husband is putting a bit of a brake on that plan... I guess his logic is that the money we'd be spending is what I need to survive my 8+ weeks of unpaid maternity leave. Glad his mind works that way. Mine does not.

Our laundry is officially caught up and under control. That gives me such a sigh of relief. How is it possible to have so much dirty laundry when it seems most of the clothes were never worn? I guess I need to get better about completing the laundry cycle from start to finish. Leaving it in a pile in our bedroom to be put away doesn't work with a toddler in the house... she'll play dress-up with anything and does.

This afternoon I'm hoping to get the infant car seat washed and ready to go. And probably do a bit more organization in the nursery as Little Miss has turned it into a second playroom!

I still have a long ways to go, but just a couple of productive days has sure lifted my spirits!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Isn't pregnancy crazy? I remember nesting in our first apartment when I was pregnant with Georgia. We only had 500 square feet of living space, so very little nesting to do. But I had the one closet that held all of our little baby things - and it was organized like you would never believe - every inch was efficiently used, and I was constantly moving things around!

I hope these last weeks go quickly for you!

Anonymous said...

I know it's exhausting but how nice is it to see all those things finally accomplished? I know that when I can whittle away my to-do list it makes me feel so good! Especially if I had a little one on the way. Good for you!

Alexis Jacobs said...

I bet it feels good to have all that done. It won't be long now!