Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Nasty, Nasty, Nasty

So my day has been quite eventful to say the least. To get straight to the point we have two refrigerators and a deep freeze. I discovered this morning thanks to the rotten stink in the garage that our second fridge was not working and full of rotten food. That is by far the most awful smell I have ever experienced in my life so far. Mostly it is the rotten chicken and beef, but also my now rotten breastmilk smells pretty rank too. Not sure why it was still in there, but hey, it's in the trash now. We blew a breaker, so thankfully the fridge still works. I'd guess it's been off for close to a week.

So this afternoon I have been attempting to dispose of the rotten food little by little, as my stomach and nose can handle it. Fighting off the most gigantic flies I have ever seen in my efforts to rid the smell from my garage. It's horrible.

We had been planning to clean this fridge and sell it soon, so this is just the means to getting that done I guess. Hopefully the smell will dissolve with a good bleach scrubbing and a baking soda bath. I'll be saying my prayers and could use yours too!

As for the deep freezer I mentioned, I spent a good portion of the morning at a meal prep store preparing meals to fill our new deep freeze. It was quite a bit of fun, but not neccesarily worth all of the time involved. I may choose next time to have them prepare the meals for me to pick up and take home. It also gave me a good understanding of how I can easy create ready-to-go meals here at home and how to store them. I did purchase quite a few meals, so I'm excited to see how they all turn out. For the cost, I think it was a good choice for our family, and it saved me tons of time meal planning and cooking each evening.

So basically now I have one appliance that's feeling rotten, and another with a happy belly. I think my stomach is siding with the rotten one at this point.

No comments: