Wednesday, January 02, 2008

New Years 2008

I hold true to the tradition of New Years Resolutions. I do have a tendency to overdo it some and in return fail at my endeavors. This year I am none the wiser, and have a mammoth list of what I wish to accomplish during 2008. Although I have a different sort of plan that allows me the course of the entire year to get these resolutions going and in full swing. So as of January 2nd, I have yet to start anything on my list, but I still have another 364 days to make them all happen.

1. I intend to start sending cards to close friends and family members for special occasions. Birthdays, anniversaries, and also other moments when a card seems appropriate. I've wanted to do this for years, but feel very confident I can succeed this year and am ready to go.

2. I want to build my relationship with God and church. This may involve attending a different church, it involves a time commitment for prayer, studying, and a change of heart in many areas of my life. This is a constant resolution that will need recommitment year after year and will be my hardest one for me to succeed at.

3. To be a good steward of our money. I intend to start clipping coupons, buying store brands, and vowing to never pay full price unless absolutely neccessary.

4. To start cooking and having homecooked dinners. We are notorious for eating out 5+ days a week and not having dinner prepared at home. I am going to start planning and preparing meals as often as possible, and healthy ones at that.

5. To start reading. I was directed to a reading challenge via a friend that basically had me select 8 categories of books and choose 8 books within that category to read. That's 64 books during 2008, up from maybe 3-4 in 2007. It's a huge challenge but I think I can do it. It will help me to better allocate my time and keep me from surfing the net endlessly like I tend to do now.

6. To get involved in activities with my daughter. I want to join a Kindermusik class, M.O.P.S. and take her to swimming lessons. Those are just a few of the things on my list and I'm sure I'll find more that I'd like to do when I start researching the possibilities out there.

7. To spend more quality one-on-one time with my husband. To start dating him again and to know him outside of the role as "daddy".

8. To get my house clean and organized. I fail at this year after year, but will somehow, someday learn how to master this feat and will be successful!

No comments: