Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Butterflies in my stomach

Over the past handful of years I've wanted to be a teacher in some form. I grew up in a family of teachers and didn't always get good vibes about the profession. So to be a teacher I knew I wouldn't take the traditional route or do traditional "teaching" in a school system or sorts. Instead I'm using my current profession as a stepping stone into childbirth education classes. My first class is tonight. Actually, my first breastfeeding class is tonight. Unfortunately I'm a bit nervous, despite knowing the information and having the knowledge, I don't have the experience. I've never had the personal, real-life experience to back up my knowledge on this. And I'm anxious for their questions that I just can't answer with the knowledge that I do have. We'll just have to wait and see how it goes.

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

I know you know everything there is about it, you've been helping women do it for years!! Tell us how you did!