Monday, May 09, 2005

Happy Mother's Day

This weekend Jason and I made the last minute decision to spend the weekend with our mothers. Although it was quick we were able to spend time with both of them and celebrate.

Saturday afternoon we went back to Emporia where my sister had come home for the weekend too. We all went out to dinner at Applebee's and rented two great movies and munched on ice cream. Hurray for family time together which doesn't happen much anymore. The next morning we attended church services and ate a quick bite of porkchops which my dad grilled in honor of mom. What a family tradition!

Soon after we headed off to Topeka where Jason's sister was having family over in celebration. They too also grilled that afternoon, and what a wonderful day it was to sit outside, talk, eat and enjoy hanging out. Our trip there was short but sweet as we enjoyed seeing everyone again.

Jason and I enjoyed our drive home by taking the backroads rather than the interstate. We talked and enjoyed one another's company which I must say has been few and far between these last few months. I think I'll enjoy having him back home for the summer :)

No comments: